7.11.2010

Lucky


1961 Chevy Impala


What does it mean for one to be lucky? Is it that the person lives his normal life and just happened to come across something that may be hard to do for someone else? A good accident? This is kind of difficult to explain without using the word luck. This is what most of us think of the meaning of lucky. Here's the "real" definition courtesy of dictionary.com

luck·y
1    /ˈlʌki/ Show Spelled[luhk-ee]
–adjective, luck·i·er, luck·i·est.
1.having or marked by good luck; fortunate: That was my lucky day.


Okay, so something like I was saying. So is there ways to attract good luck? I say yes, of course.

One way is definitely taking every opportunity for something good to happen. You know what I'm talking about. Throughout our lives we have been offered different opportunities that sounded good but we've never took it seriously enough to move forward. Taking the opportunities for the good will definitely attract luck.

Now, when I say 'never took it seriously enough', I'm talking about procrastination. We deny offers, yes, but we also have that 'let me get back to you' or 'I'll let you know' sense of thinking sometimes. When we do that, we miss out on a lot of great opportunities in life. Procrastination is someone who doesn't want you to move forward in life. It is in all of us but we all can fight it. Once that is done, that will also, attract luck.

Lucky, to me is a word for people who work hard. I work hard for whatever I have. I procrastinate too, yes, but I know that will get me nowhere so I fight against it. When you work hard at whatever you do, Opportunities just basically fall into your lap. But remember, it's up to you to take those opportunities. I am very appreciative for what I have. So don't look at me and say I'm lucky, look and say, "He's working hard".

"Opportunity is a haughty goddess who wastes no time with those who are unprepared."


I'm not trying to preach to you, I'm just sharing some inspiring knowledge I've learned these past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment